The Circuit has seven Missional Goals, developed in 2017 as part of the initiative “Living and Growing God’s Kingdom”. These drive all that we do as a Circuit.
- Understand the needs of each community served by our thirteen churches and respond with at least one new initiative.
- Value the uniqueness of each Church Community.
- Ensure that each person we encounter is empowered to achieve their full potential.
- Encourage everyone to enrich their faith by providing the ‘right fit’ resources.
- Be a voice speaking out for justice in tangible and measurable ways.
- Bring more children and young people to a knowledge and love of Christ.
- Link each Church with at least one other Church.
These complement the Missional Goals of the wider Birmingham District:
- Start eight new congregations through lay and clergy pioneering.
- Equip our people to share faith and invite new people.
- Expand every congregation’s commitment to radical inclusion and hospitality.
- Whilst affirming ministry across generations, prioritise ministry with children, youth, and young adults.
- Live out mission and justice beyond the walls of our buildings.
- Build clear discipleship pathways that develop the ministry of all Christians.
The whole raison d’être of Methodism is that we believe we are a “Discipleship Movement Shaped For Mission” – a phrase which has its origins in the 2011 Report of the General Secretary of the Methodist Conference.